Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I saw the sun this morning!

Yes, the title is correct! I actually saw the SUN this morning when i was waking up! I swear we only see the sun once every four days...and it's only for a couple of hours. Other than that, its cloudy and rainy. Oddly enough, I don't quite mind it.

Oh, i have pictures now! I posted them on facebook already, but i want to post a few on here.

This is a picture of my old sheets. Cute, eh? Basically it was like putting on a very large pillow case, so it was EXTREMELY tough! I had to pick up the mattress, pretty much dance around with it to get that stupid thing on! After I had it completely on the mattress, I realized that it wasn't supposed to go on the mattress at all...it was a comforter cover. So I decided to just leave it on there, and I bought a new blanket cover. I can still see the red tiger through the white sheets, so I have a reminder of my stupidity.

This is my cute kitchen. Everything in it is small and reminds me of one of those children's Playskool kitchens. The stovetop doesn't work very well, and I don't understand the different pictures on the oven knobs. A few days ago, my double Stephanie made us Pfannkuchen, german pancakes. They were extremely delicious (even though she said her mom makes them 10xs better than she does). She topped them with cinnamon and sugar, and then put applesauce on top. Yum!

The entire campus is covered with dirt mounds, and I have heard it is because of a mole problem.









This is my room now. Nothing on the walls yet, but I have my amazing plant, wonderful bedspread, and trusty lamp. The green theme was all accidental, but it turned out to be a good idea because green is the official color of Techniche UniversiƤt Dortmund.



This is the city of Dortund from the top of the Fernsehenturm. I think it is about 200 meters tall, and the view is great. Too bad it was windy and cloudy that day...






So those are some pictures.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you came along that time it took me hours to find a lamp I liked for my office, as I'm sure I was serving as an important role model. And I'm going to guess you found yours in a fraction of the time. There are so many important things a mother can teach her daughter...

    Love the palm!! So worth the trip in the tiny Volkswagon...

    The kitchen is really cute! Love the colors. And the mole holes...they need a couple Jazzys on campus, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, i can only imagine seeing you put a comforter cover on your mattress- lol. i would totally do that....your room looks so happy now :) i love seeing your pictures and reading your blog- seems like you are meeting people and having fun!!

    ReplyDelete