Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tori in Germany....AGAIN!?

Hello everyone!!

It has definitely been about six months since I've updated, but I felt I had a reason to update again because I am heading back to Germany over my Christmas break! I didn't write much about Alex and me in my last blog (mainly because I broke up with my boyfriend, Dan, like a couple weeks after I got to Germany...i know, I'm really crappy. But that is a whole different blog post, or you can just ask me in person...). While over there, I got reconnected with an old German friend from high school. He was a foreign exchange student at Valley for a year, and we were best friends. We would hang out pretty much every day after school. I have to admit, I had a little crush on him back in high school, but we never dated, nothing romantic, it was great to have him as a friend.

When I studied in Germany in the spring, I got back in contact with him. Turned out he only lived an hour train ride away! After a month and half of being reconnected, we realized there was a spark there and decided to start dating. And then after the semester ended, we struggled with the decision but decided to KEEP dating. Man, long distance relationships really suck. But it was wonderful seeing him back in September when he visited Iowa for three weeks!

Now it is my turn to visit him back in Germany. I am sad I am missing Christmas here in Iowa, but I will make sure to visit everyone when I get back! Plus, I'm excited to experience a German Christmas! My German friends have all been telling me about the beauty of the German Weihnachtsmarkt(christmas markets), and Alex's mom has been hyping me up for a great German Christmas feast! (i can only imagine how many different types of meat she will make, hehe!)

Soo, my flight takes off from Des Moines in about 7 hours (at 6.53 pm) I will arrive in Germany in about 20 hours ( 3 pm Germany time). From Des Moines (United Airlines # 938, if you like checking plane locations), layover in Chicago (United Airlines # 9236), layover in London, and then in Düsseldorf! I'm hoping that I can just sleep on the plane the entire way because it will be an overnight flight...but I might be way too excited!

Anyway, I will keep everyone updated about how my German Adventure 2.0 is going, and I will make sure to post lots of pictures (because my old broken camera got replaced with a new, completely upgraded version of the old one, for free! it's pretty sweet, i'm excited to let her stretch her wings).

So, I love you all! And hopefully my next blog will be saying how easy and uneventful the plane ride was.

Bis nächstes Mal! (until next time!)

-tori

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I like that you are bloging again! I will miss you at Christmas though

    -cousin kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun cousin! Next, you can plan a trip to North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete